The Bowen Technique releases the fascia, our connective tissue which holds us together. This tissue knots up through injury or tension affecting our muscles, ligaments, tendons and even our internal organs.
Nerves are also interlinked with this system, when the fascia is released, tension is reduced aiding pain relief. Bowen consists of a series of precise moves on specific points of the body, which are light and can be done on skin or through light clothing. After each set of manipulations the body is allowed to rest for a short period to allow the systems to respond. Bowen calms the parasympathetic nervous system, putting the body into a state of deep relaxation so the body can unwind back to health.
A posture analysis is carried out, noting areas of misalignment and a treatment plan is created. The treatment takes up to an hour and in some cases some relief from pain can be experienced on the first visit. Many people state that over the next 3-4 days they experience reactions or tiredness as the body accepts the therapy and realigns itself. The body continues to respond to Bowen treatment for several days afterwards (unless interrupted by injury or strong external stimulation, including trauma, heat and bodywork).(see thermal imaging research). Sessions are initially spaced 5-10 days apart then reviewed on the third treatment. Length of treatment depends on the severity of the condition and how long the condition has been present.
- Musculo-skeletal – back pain, neck, elbow, knee, wrist pain, sciatic, whiplash, , sports injuries, pelvic misalignment, arthritis, tendonitis
- TMJ (jaw) - TMD Temporal Mandibular Dysfunction, Trigeminal neuralgia, jaw pain, Jaw misalignment
- Respiratory – asthma, sinus problems, hayfever
- Digestive – IBS, bloating, constipation, diarrhoea, crohns, acid reflux
- Hormonal – PMS, menopause, endometriosis, infertility, fibroids, thyroid
- Chronic – Migraines, Fibromyalgia, ME, MS, Parkinsons
- Pregnancy – Back pain, morning sickness, cramping, depression, pubic symphysis, birth preparation
- Babies – colic, sleep issues, hip dysplasia, restlessness
- Disability support – stroke, bells palsy, arthritis
- Benefiting – Stress, anxiety, posture, flexibility, energy levels, sleep, immune system
Trained in Anatomy & Physiology and various other therapies since 2001.
There should be no physical therapy i.e. massage or physiotherapy treatment a week prior to and week after treatment.
Fees: Adults £50, children 4-17yrs £35, Infants 0-3 £25. CRB checked. Concession £40.
Two friends, family or husband and wife can be seen at the same time, limited availability. Fee £40 each.
10% off if three treatments are booked and paid for in advance (not in conjunction with any other offer).
50% cancellation fee for less than 24 hours notice
Download your Bowen consultation form here
See also Fertility and IVF Support Programme
Maxine Crinall BTAA BTPA ITEC MNFSH
Tel direct: 07930 882586
Please Note: The Bowen Technique is not intended as a substitute for medical advice or treatment, being complementary Bowen works alongside your medical treatment.
We recommend you consult your own doctor or professional healthcare provider about any health concerns you may have.