The Bowen Technique helps to release the fascia, our connective tissue which holds us together. This tissue knots up through injury or tension affecting our muscles, ligaments, tendons and even our internal organs.
Nerves are also interlinked with this system, when the fascia is released, tension is reduced aiding pain relief. Bowen consists of a series of precise moves on specific points of the body, which are light and can be done on skin or through light clothing. After each set of manipulations the body is allowed to rest for a short period to allow the systems to respond. Bowen helps to calm the parasympathetic nervous system, putting the body into a state of deep relaxation so the body can unwind back to health.
A posture analysis is carried out, noting areas of misalignment and a session plan is created. The therapy session takes up to an hour. The body continues to respond to the Bowen Technique for several days afterwards (unless interrupted by injury or strong external stimulation, including trauma, heat and bodywork).(see thermal imaging research). Sessions are initially spaced 5-10 days apart then reviewed on the third appointment. Number of sessions depends on each individual.
I am trained in Anatomy & Physiology and various other therapies since 2001. As part of my continuing professional development I have attended the following Bowen training courses:
- Bowen Practitioner Course 1 with Nicola Hok
- Bowen Practitioner Course 2 with Ossie & Elaine Rentch - Principles of Bowtech
- Palpation & Assessment Skills with John Wilks
- Mind, Body Bowen with Anne Schubert & Margaret Spicer
- Respiratory/Asthma Bowen with Alastair Rattray
- Advanced Specialised Procedures 1 with Ossie & Elaine Rentch
- Advanced Specialised Procedures 2 with Ossie & Elaine Rentch
- Anatomy, Superficial Fascia & Self Work with Nicola Hok
- The Art of Bowen -assessment & more with Alistair Mcloughlin
- Hormonal Bowen with Ron Phelan
- Assessment Techniques with Ron Phelan
- Essential TMJ module 1 with Ron Phelan
- Essential TMJ module 2 - twice with Ron Phelan
- Mcloughlin Scar Tissue Release with Alistair Mcloughlin
There should be no physical therapy i.e. massage or physiotherapy a week prior to and week after the Bowen session.
Fees: Adults £50, children 4-17yrs £35, Infants 0-3 £25. CRB checked. Concession £40.
Two friends, family or husband and wife can be seen at the same time, limited availability. Fee £40 each.
10% off if three appointments are booked and paid for in advance (not in conjunction with any other offer).
50% cancellation fee for less than 24 hours notice
Download your Bowen consultation form here
See also Fertility and IVF Support Programme
Maxine Crinall BTAA BTPA ITEC MNFSH
Tel direct: 07930 882586
Please Note: The Bowen Technique is not intended as a substitute for medical advice or treatment, being complementary Bowen works alongside your medical treatment. We recommend you consult your own doctor or professional healthcare provider about any health concerns you may have.